Scope of Work
GR Engineering was appointed by Kirkland Lake Gold (KLG) to undertake the engineering, design, procurement, construction and commissioning of a 65m3/h paste plant at the Fosterville Gold Mine.
The scope of work comprises the design, supply, fabrication, installation, commissioning and handover of all works necessary to provide a paste plant including works at the existing Fosterville processing facility along with works at a new paste plant location.
Works will include but not be limited to:
- Design of the paste distribution system for the first four levels of underground operations, including the two main bore holes;
- A new tails hopper and pumping system at the Processing Plant that receives slurry from a modification (internal launder) to the existing Tails Hopper 303-TK04;
- Overland pipelines for the delivery of tailings and return of thickener overflow water, filtrate water and clean-up water between the process and paste plant sites;
- Design and installation of the required concrete works using free issued concrete from the Company’s supplied on site batch plant;
- Structural steel, stairs, grating and handrail supply, surface treatment and erection;
- Plate work supply, surface treatment and installation;
- Procurement and installation of all the required Paste Plant equipment including housing in fully enclosed acoustic buildings to minimise noise impact;
- Piping supply including valves and instruments, surface treatment and installation;
- Electrical and control system supply and installation;
- Commissioning and vendor attendance at commissioning;
- Performance testing of the Paste Plant;
- The design package shall allow for the installation of a dry tailings addition system at a future date.
GR Engineering are scheduled to complete the project in September 2019.
Project Fact Sheet
Fosterville Paste Backfill Project
Paste Backfill Projects
EPC Contract - Fosterville Paste Backfill Plant
View Projects Map