Scope of Work
GR Engineering was appointed by OZ Minerals Carrapateena Pty Ltd to complete a Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for the Carrapateena Northern Wellfield in October 2018. Upon completion of the FEED phase GR Engineering was engaged under a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) contract to execute the detailed design and implementation phase of the project.
The Northern Wellfield is designed to transfer 370 m3/hr of raw water from 9 wells and 3 transfer stations through a 90km, 400mm diameter high-density polyethylene (HDPE) above ground pipeline network. The raw water will be used as make up water for the 4.5Mtpa Carrapateena Copper Gold Concentrator plant.
The work consisted of the design, supply, fabrication, installation, commissioning and handover of all works related to the Northern Wellfield Project. Works included but were not limited to:
- Bulk earthworks including construction of earth pads, access tracks, creek crossings, pipeline corridor and scour pits;
- Onsite installation of concrete works;
- HDPE pipeline supply, delivery, stringing, welding and pressure testing;
- Electrical control system and telemetry supply and installation;
- Commissioning and vendor attendance during commissioning;
- Phased performance testing of the Northern Wellfield infrastructure.
Project Fact Sheet
Click to download
Award of Carrapateena Northern Wellfield Water Supply System EPC Contract
View Projects Map