Scope of Work
GR Engineering was appointed by Saracen Gold Mines Pty Ltd to construct a paste backfill plant capable of producing 110 to 120 m³/h of paste for filling stopes in the Karari underground mine. The design required that the facilities allow for expansion to incorporate the additional stope filling requirements for the Whirling Dervish deposit at a later stage.
The scope of work comprised the design, supply, fabrication, installation, commissioning and handover of all works necessary to provide a paste plant including works at the existing Carosue Dam processing facility along with works at a new paste plant location. Works included but not be limited to:
- Bulk earthworks including clearing and grubbing of the paste plant site and the construction of suitably formed and constructed access roads;
- The construction of saline process solution pipeline corridors including pipeline bunding and cleanout/drainage ponds sized commensurate with transfer pipeline volume;
- Concrete works including the establishment of concrete batching facilities and the supply of materials as required;
- Structural steel and platework supply, surface treatment and erection;
- Piping supply, surface treatment and installation;
- Electrical and control system supply and installation;
- Commissioning and vendor attendance during commissioning;
- Performance testing of the Paste Plant facility.
Process and Plant Description
The facility comprised the following circuits:
- Tailings thickening;
- Tailings desliming;
- Tailings filtration;
- Paste mixing and delivery;
- Binder storage and dosing;
- Water and air services;
- Paste plant discharge to the existing tailings storage facility.
Project Fact Sheet
Carosue Dam Paste Backfill Project
Paste Backfill Projects
Award of $16 million EPC Contract Carosue Dam Tertiary Crushing Project
EPC Contract - Carosue Dam Paste Backfill Plant
GR Engineering Services Limited is pleased to announce that it has entered into a contract with Saracen Gold Mines Pty Limited for the engineering design, procurement and construction of expansion works on the mineral processing plant at the Carosue Dam gold operations, situated approximately 120km north east of Kalgoorlie in Western Australia.
View Projects Map